2014 was a great year in Real Estate. Personally, I had my most successful year yet, and more than doubled my sales from the year prior. I met wonderful new clients and closed my last sale on December 29th. No holiday slump for this Realtor!
Yesterday I received the Summit County Market Update. They show changes from December 2013 to December 2014, and analyze the whole year in review. Please see the graph below, but let me share some observations.
- New listings - Up 3.9% from 2013
- Days on Market - Down 11% from 2013
- Closed Sales - Up 4.5% from 2013
More listings, more sales, less time on the market - all good signs of a recovery.
Days on Market is an indicator of how quickly a home sold. In my experience there are several reasons why you see fewer days on market. Good, fair pricing, and low inventory. Right now, the inventory is low. That means that buyers have fewer choices when looking at homes. Fewer choices mean that buyers will frequently choose one of those homes available - which is good for sellers!
There is the update, and I hope to have plenty more to share as the year goes on. January was slow, but things are picking back up. I am ready for all that 2015 will bring. Ready to buy or sell? Call me!

No comments:
Post a Comment