Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Inspirations - Gel Staining Makeover

When I was looking for some remodeling tips and before and afters to share, I asked one of my friends if she would do a guest post since she had recently done a bathroom makeover. If you are on Pinterest, you may have already heard about the wonders of gel stain.   Jen had tried it and done blog posts describing her success, so she was a perfect person to use for a before and after.  I will let her tell you the details, make sure to click on her links to see the step by step directions and the pictures of the results.

If you have a similar project you can share, or any other ideas you would like to see featured, please contact me!

Have a great weekend, and happy remodeling!

Jennifer


We aren't sure if we are in our forever home, and our completely builder-grade kitchen was driving me nuts.  Lots of oak staring me in the face.  Unfortunately a total kitchen overhaul is not in our budget, and is not something we want to even pursue in a house that may only be ours for another couple of years.   

After lots of Pinterest-surfing, I decided that gel stain was the way to go - cheap, easy, big results.  I was afraid that I would screw up my kitchen and totally regret the whole idea.  So I started in our upstairs full bath, because we are really the only ones who see it and if it looked bad it wouldn't be as big of a repair as fixing the kitchen.  And everyone sees the kitchen!

The bathroom stain project took less than two weeks and cost around $50.  And it looks so great that I decided to move forward with the kitchen!  I am still finishing up in the kitchen, so I don't have before and after pictures to share.  But if you are in need of a cheap upgrade with big results, please take a look at my How To posts, which include before and after pictures of our bathroom project:

How to gel stain your cabinets:
Gel Stain Cabinets: Six Steps 

It really is very simple!  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment